Don Pablo's-style Tortilla Soup
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 cup dried tomato halves, snipped into thin strips
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 cups broken tortilla chips
- 1 (7 oz.) can corn kernels
- 1 small avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
In 2-quart saucepan, mix broth, salsa, dried tomatoes and cumin. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently, 8 to 10 minutes, until dried tomatoes are tender.
Mix in 2 tablespoons. of the cilantro and the lime juice. Ladle hot soup into four bowls, dividing equally.
Divide the remaining cilantro, the tortilla chips, corn, avocado and cheese among four bowls.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page