Eddie V's Edgewater Grille-style Lobster and Shiitake Dumplings
- 4 oz lobster meat, cooked
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, julienned
- 3 oz dry sherry
- 1 1/2 cups cream, divided
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8-inch rice paper, softened in damp cotton napkins, as needed
- 1 tsp brown sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp daikon radish sproutsp
- 1 tsp sambal chili sauce
- 4 oz butter, diced into 1/2-inch pieces and softened
- 4 oz white wine
- 1 Tbsp shallots, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine tomato, white wine, shallots and 1/2 cup cream; reduce to 1 cup. Add butter. Pour mixture in a blender; process until smooth.
Sauté scallions, garlic and shiitake mushrooms in olive oil until soft. Add sherry and 1 cup cream; reduce until thick. Remove mixture from heat. Add ginger and lobster meat; season with salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature.
Place 1 tablespoon lobster filling in the center of each piece of rice paper; bring edges together to form a sealed purse. Place dumplings in a bamboo steamer; steam until heated through. Garnish with sesame seeds, sprouts and sambal.
Serve with butter sauce.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page