Ella's-style Chicken Hash
- 2 lbs. russet potatoes
- 2 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 Tbsp stone-ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup canola or other vegetable oil, plus about 1 Tbsp for sautéing
Peel potatoes and cut into cubes. Boil each type of potato separately, as the Yukon golds take longer.
Sauté onion in about 1 tablespoon oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
Drain potatoes and cool.
In a large mixing bowl, roughly mash potatoes, leaving some chunks. Add remaining ingredients except chicken and oil. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Add chicken. Shape into patties. Fry in 1/4 inch of hot canola oil until browned; turn and brown other side.
Serve with eggs for breakfast or gravy for lunch.Makes 12 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page