Emeril's-style Funky Duck Moo Shu
- Two duck breasts, panseared to medium rare
- Olive oil for sautéing
- 1 tsp Finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 cup Carrot sticks
- 1 cup Thinly shredded white cabbage
- 1/4 cup Chicken stock
- 3/4 cup Tamarind Glaze, recipe follows, in all.
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 6 lrg 8-inch green onion crepes (any standard savory crepe)
Recipe with the addition of finely chopped green onions for garnish.
Tamarind Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp Tamarind concentrate
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
Combine glaze ingredients and set aside. Slice the duck into thin pieces.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a sauté pan, add the duck, and cook 1 minute.
Add the ginger, carrots, and cabbage, cook for 2 minutes.
In a small bowl combine the stock, 1 tablespoon of the tamarind glaze, and the cornstarch, work into a smooth paste. Add it to the wok.
Thoroughly mix in. Spread the pancakes with tamarind glaze.
Fill up with the duck stir-fry. Roll up like a funnel.
Drizzle with tamarind and garnish with green onions.Makes 3 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page