Emeril's-style Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 6 cups Coarsely chopped onions
- 4 jalapeños, with stems Seeds, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Minced garlic
- 2 tsp Freshly ground pepper
- 4 cans Anchovy filletsp
- 1/2 tsp Whole cloves
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- 2 Whole, medium lemons, skin and pith removed
- 4 cups Dark corn syrup
- 2 cups Steen's Pure Cane Syrup
- 2 qt Distilled white vinegar
- 4 cups Water
- 3/4 lbs. Fresh horseradish, peeled and grated
Combine the oil, onions and jalapeños in a large stockpot over a high heat.
Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly soft. Add the garlic, pepper, anchovy fillets, cloves, salt, lemons, corn syrup, cane syrup, vinegar, water and horseradish.
Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 6 hours or until the mixture barely coats a wooden spoon. Strain.
Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or preserve in hot sterilized jars, following manufacturers instructions.Makes 12 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page