From the Bayou Crawfish Louisianne
- 2 Tbsp (1/4 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup chopped andouille sausage
- 3/4 cup chopped bell pepper (can mix the colors)
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 lbs crawfish tails
- 1 quart peanut oil
- 4 to 6 catfish fillets (2 to 3 ounces each)
- Egg wash (egg white, water, milk)
- Seasoned flour
- Seasoning to taste
- Cajun seasoning, pepper, red pepper and garlic powder
In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add andouille, peppers, onions and Italian seasoning and sauté until tender (about 5 minutes.) Add mushrooms just before completion.
Add whipping cream, and reduce the sauce over medium heat. Add crawfish, and cook for 3 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
Heat oil in a large saucepan. Dredge fish in egg wash and then season with flour. Fry until golden brown on both sides.
Pour crawfish mixture over catfish. Garnish with parsley and onion tops.Makes 4 to 6 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page