Fuego Restaurant Flaming Tequila Chicken Wraps
- 2 mesquite grilled, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 oz vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Sonoran seasoning - salted
- 1 Poblano chile, sliced in strips
- 1 Anaheim chile, sliced in strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 bulb garlic, roasted - cloves removed
- 1 lime, halved
- 1 tsp unsalted Sonoran seasoning
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1 tsp chipotle peppers in adobo
- 4 oz salsa fresca
- 1 oz cotija (crumbly white Mexican cheese)
Oil, season and charbroil chicken breasts.
Sear onions, peppers and garlic in olive oil in sauté pan.
Combine chicken and pepper, onion, garlic mixture in sauté pan, add chipotle peppers.
Arrange mixture on hot sizzler. Top with cotija cheese and salsa. NOTE: Sizzler must be smoking hot for a successful flambé.
Pour tequila over, light immediately and vocalize "FUEGO!".
Sprinkle with twinkles of unsalted Sonoran seasoning and douse with a squeeze of fresh lime.
Serve with flour tortillas, Napa cabbage wraps and salsa fresca.Makes 6 to 8 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page