General Tso's Chicken From Siam Restaurant
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic - minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger root - minced
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup White vinegar
- 1/4 cup Cooking wine
- 1 1/2 cup Hot chicken broth
- 1 tsp Monosodium glutamate
- 3 lbs Dark deboned chicken - cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1 tsp White pepper
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 2 cups Green onion - sliced
- 16 cups Dried hot peppers (small)
To make sauce, mix 1/2 cup cornstarch and the water together. Add garlic, gingerroot, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and wine. Add broth and monosodium glutamate (if desired) and stir until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate until needed.
In separate bowl, mix chicken, soy sauce and white pepper. Stir in egg.
Add cup of cornstarch and mix until chicken is coated evenly.
Add cup of vegetable oil to separate chicken pieces. Divide chicken into small quantities and deep-fry at 350 degrees until crispy.
Drain on paper towels. Place a small amount of oil into a wok and heat until wok is hot. Add onions and peppers and stir-fry briefly. Stir sauce and add to wok.
Place chicken in sauce and cook until sauce thickens, add cornstarch or water as needed.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page