Grand Hotel Sweet Potato And White Corn Soup
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 cup white corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 3 large baked sweet potatoes peeled, diced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup mixed fresh thyme plus basil and tarragon
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped pickled ginger
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup diced cooked celery
- 1/4 cup diced cooked white potatoes
- 1/4 cup cooked white corn kernels
- Chopped chives
Sauté onion with raw corn kernels in oil over medium heat 10 minutes.
Add white wine, sweet potatoes, 4 cups chicken stock, herbs, ginger and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 10 minutes.
Add half-and-half and simmer 5 minutes longer. Pour into blender and blend well. Add up to 1 cup more stock if needed to thin soup. Strain soup. Add cooked celery, potatoes and corn kernels.
Serve in cups or soup bowls and garnish with chopped chives or croutons.Makes 6 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page