Honeybaked Ham-style Asparagus Tart
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 bunch trimmed Asparagus (about 1 lbs) cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough.
- 1/2 lbs. chevre cheese.
- 2 Tbsp sliced sundried tomatoes packed in oil
- 3/4 cup diced HoneyBaked Ham
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 egg yolk mixed with 1/2 tsp water
Preheat oven to 450° F.
In a medium frying pan over medium high heat, sauté butter for about 1 minute. Add shallots and cook until crisp tender (about 5 minutes).
Open and roll out puff pastry dough on a lightly floured piece of parchment, making about a 10 x 16 rectangle. Transfer to a baking sheet. Pat into its surface, leaving a 1 inch border edge.
Sprinkle with chevre cheese. The the prepared shallots and asparagus.
Brush the edge of the tart with egg yolk.
Bake until golden brown and pastry is puffy, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly and serve.Makes 4
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page