Honeybaked Ham-style Black Bean, Ham & Pumpkin Soup
- 2 15 1/2 oz cans black beans drained
- 1 cup drained canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup minced shallot
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp plus 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 16-oz. can pumpkin pureé (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 1/2 cups diced HoneyBaked Ham
In a food processor coarsely pureé black beans.
In a heavy 6-quart skillet heat and cook chopped tomatoes until vegetables soften then add bean and tomato pureé plus additional drained can of black beans.
Add sherry Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes, or until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Just before serving, add diced HoneyBaked Ham.
Heat 3 to 4 tablespoons Sherry vinegar through and serve. Garnish with sour cream and coarsely chopped lightly toasted pumpkin seeds.Makes 8 cups
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page