House of Blues Sweet Potato Hash
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and 1/2-inch diced
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup 1/2-inch diced onion
- 1 cup 1/2-inch diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup 1/2-inch diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup 1/2-inch diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place the diced potatoes in a medium pot, cover with 2 inches of cold water, and generously season with salt. Over high heat bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and heat the oil. Add the onion and celery and cook for 10 minutes, until the onions are soft.
Add the garlic and continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the red and green peppers, and red pepper flakes, and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
Add the potatoes and cook until they are just heated through, about 1 minute.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.Makes 6 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page