House of Blues Voodoo Shrimp with Shrimp Reduction Sauce
- 3 3/4 cups Blackened Voodoo Lager beer (see note)
- 2 1/2 bay leaves
- 5 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp each finely ground black pepper and cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp each dried basil and dried oregano
- 1/4 Tbsp each shrimp base and chicken base (see note)
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 4 oz heavy cream
- 6 medium to large peeled, deveined shrimp, with tail left on
- 1 oz butter
- 2 Tbsp chopped tomatoes
- Corn bread (see note)
- Cut chives
- Rosemary sprig for garnish
In a large saucepot, combine beer, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, cayenne pepper, basil, oregano, shrimp and chicken bases, sugar and cream. Let the mixture simmer until the mixture coats the back of spoon.
Season shrimp to taste and sauté in oil. Ladle 4 ounces of the simmered sauce into the pan. When the mixture begins to thicken, add 1 ounce of butter to the pan. Add tomatoes.
To serve, cut a wedge of corn bread in half. Toast halves if desired. Place bottom half in a shallow serving bowl and top with shrimp and some of the sauce. Add chives. Place remaining wedge of corn bread on top and garnish with rosemary.
Recipe note: Blackened Voodoo Lager beer is sold at large, full-service liquor stores and some larger supermarkets. Shrimp base is a paste-like flavoring agent sold in specialty stores and larger supermarkets. At the House of Blues, this shrimp is served with their signature rosemary corn bread.
Nutrition information per serving without reduction sauce: Calories 292 Fat 24g Carbohydrate 2g Cholesterol 181 mg Sodium 590 mg Protein 16.4 g/p>
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page