Icelandic Seafood Curried Haddock With Pineapple
- 1 3/4 lbs haddock fillets (skinned and boned)
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek (cleaned and chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1/4 lbs shrimp
- 1/3 lbs single cream
- 1/2 lbs pineapple tidbits (DO NOT DRAIN)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 lbs button mushrooms (sliced) (optional)
Preheat oven to 390° F. Lightly brush an oven-proof baking dish with some of the oil and set aside.
Cut haddock into pieces, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan. sauté leek and garlic over med-heat till softened. Add chopped bell peppers and mushrooms (if using) and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Add shrimp, single cream, pineapple tidbits, and pineapple juice. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, curry powder and paprika. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
Simmer for 2 minutes. Add fish pieces and simmer for 1 minute.
Remove from heat and pour into the prepared baking dish. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve over rice.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page