Icelandic Seafood Prawns in Cream Sauce
- 30 prawns (lrg size in their shells)
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 5 oz button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tsp brandy 2 cups cream
Split prawns lengthwise with a sharp knife, without completely separating the halves.
Melt 3 tablespoons of butter with the crushed garlic, salt + pepper and brush the prawns with it. Chill for 30 min under refrigeration.
Seed and chop the bell peppers and slice the mushrooms. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a lrg non-stick frying pan, sauté peppers and mushrooms for a few minutes and remove to a dish.
Place prawns in the frying pan (cut side down) and fry for 2-3 min (in batches if necessary). Drizzle the brandy over them and ignite it.
When the flame dies down, add the cream + veggies and simmer for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
To Serve: Serve 5 prawns per person with an equal amt of veggies and sauce over toast points lightly brushed with garlic-infused olive oil or garlic butter.Makes 6 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page