The Inn of the Anasazi Garlic, White Cheddar and Chipotle Mashed Potatoes
- 36 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 lbs russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups (packed) grated sharp white Cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp minced canned chipotle chiles
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Toss garlic with oil in baking pan. Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until garlic is tender, about 15 minutes. Cool; peel and chop.
Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain. Transfer potatoes to large bowl. Add garlic and remaining ingredients. Using electric mixer, beat mixture until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover; let stand at room temperature. Rewarm, stirring constantly, before serving.)
Comments: Thirty-six garlic cloves may sound like a lot, but they're cooked until mellow in flavor.Makes 8 to 10 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page