Jim Dandy's Baked Garlic Shrimp
- 1/2 cup peeled whole garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus oil to coat baking sheet
- 1/4 cup clam juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 12 large shrimp, with tail and shell on, butterflied in shell*
- Paprika, to taste
- Melted butter
Make garlic purée by combining garlic cloves with 2 Tbsp oil in blender and blending until smooth paste forms. Set aside.
Make baking stock by combining clam juice, water and lemon juice.
Grease 8-inch square pan with remaining olive oil. Preheat oven to 450° F.
Gently lift shrimp from shell but do not detach. Place butterflied shrimp, shell side down, in pan. Baste shrimp with reserved garlic purée, then sprinkle with paprika. (There may be garlic puree left over.) Pour baking stock into pan, but do pour it over the shrimp. Bake in preheated oven 7 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve with melted butter.
* To butterfly shrimp, cut slit down center of shrimp, but not all the way through.Makes 2 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page