Joe's Stone Crab Restaurant Key Lime Pie
Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients:
- 1 wax paper wrapped package graham crackers, 1/3 of a 1 lbs box, or 1 cup plus 2-1/2 Tbsp graham crackers crumbs
- 5 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- Grated zest of 2 limes (about 1-1/2 tsp)
- 1 - 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (if you can get Key limes use those but regular limes will do)
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream, chilled
- 3 Tbsp confectioners' sugar
For the crust: Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter a 9-inch pie pan.
Break up into crumbs in food processor or place crackers in a large plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Add melted butter and sugar and stir. Press crumb mixture into pan forming a neat border around the edge. Bake until set and golden, about 8 minutes, and set aside. Keep oven on.
For the filling: In an electric mixer with a wire whisk attachment, beat the egg yolks and lime zest at high speed until very fluffy, about 5 minutes, Gradually add the condensed milk and continue to beat until thick, 3 or 4 minutes longer. Lower the mixer speed and slowly add the lime juice, mixing until combined, no longer. Pour mixture into the crust. Bake for 10 minutes or until filling has just set. Cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate, Freeze for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
For the topping: Whip the cream and confectioners sugar until nearly stiff. Cut the pie into wedges and serve very cold. Top each wedge with dollop of whipped cream.Makes 4 to 6 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page