Krishnarpan Aloo Achar (Potato Salad)
- 1 lbs potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 3 oz sesame seeds
- 4 large hot green chiles
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (1-inch long) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- Juice of 4 lemons
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp mustard seed oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp fenugreek seed
- Lettuce leaves as needed/li>
Boil potatoes until tender; drain and set aside.
Toast sesame seeds in a hot oven until fragrant and lightly colored. Cool then grind in food processor with hot chiles, garlic, ginger and cilantro. Add lemon juice and salt.
Mix sesame seed paste with warm potatoes and toss lightly.
Sauté fenugreek in oil; pour over salad and mix lightly. Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.Makes 6 to 8 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page