La Madeleine Tomato Basil Soup
- 4 cups tomatoes (8 to 10), peeled, cored and chopped, or 4 cups whole tomatoes, crushed
- 4 cups unsalted tomato juice
- 12 to 14 fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sweet unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- Salt, to taste
Combine tomatoes and juice in saucepan. Simmer for 30 minutes over medium low heat. Cool slightly, then place in blender.
Add basil and process to purée. This will have to be done in batches. Return mixture to saucepan. Add butter and cream. Stir over low heat until butter and cream are incorporated.
Stir in salt and pepper before serving.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page