Les Gourmettes Goat Cheese Shrimp-Stuffed Poblanos
- 8 poblano chiles
- 4 oz mild goat cheese
- 1/2 cup panela or Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked
- 1 Tbsp shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Roast poblano chilies either over a direct flame or under a broiler until charred. Allow chilies to steam in a plastic or paper bag, then remove the charred skin. Leaving the stems intact, make a slit in the sides of the chiles and remove the seeds.
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cheeses with shrimp, shallots, bell peppers, cilantro and basil. Taking care not to tear the chilies, carefully stuff them with the cheese mixture. Transfer the chilies to a baking sheet. Place in preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
Serve with red bell pepper sauce.
Red Bell Pepper Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, roasted
- 1 cup chicken stock
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet. Add garlic, shallots and Serrano chile; sauté until shallots are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a blender. Add red bell pepper and chicken stock; blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page