Lunt Avenue Marble Club Deep Fried Zucchini with Creamy Garlic Dip
- 1 or 2 fresh zucchinis, thinly sliced in circles (don't peel)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 to 2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs (Italian is the operative word here)
- Shortening (for deep-frying )
* Either with a garlic press, which will run you about a fin, or by chopping up finely and smooshing with a knife, which will make your hands stink at least for the rest of the day. However, you can get rid of the odor, by rubbing your hands over a stainless steel sink or spoon.
Coat zucchini slices with flour. Dip in beaten egg, then coat with bread crumbs. Deep-fry at 375° F until golden.
Serve immediately with Creamy Garlic Dip.
Garlic Dip Ingredients:
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup real mayonnaise (no pretenders)
- 1 package ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced*
Combine ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate to blend flavors. Flavor gets stronger as it sits, up to three weeks.Makes 2 to 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page