Maggiano's Little Italy Italian Beef Sandwich
- 1 (3 x 24-inch) loaf French baguette bread
- 1 1/2 lbs roast beef, thinly sliced
- 1 whole onion, thinly sliced
- 1 whole red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 whole pepperoncini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lbs mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 quarts water
- 6 cubes beef bouillon
- 2 whole pepperoncini
Dissolve the bouillon cubs in water, bring to a simmer. Add the pepperoncini, simmer 5 minutes and place in a chafing dish or keep hot.
Quick-saut? the mushrooms, onions, peppers and pepperoncini. Set aside.
Split open the bread.
Place the sliced roast beef in the broth and stir to heat.
Remove meat from broth with tongs and place in the baguette. Top with the mushroom, onion, peppers, pepperoncini and grated mozzarella cheese.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page