Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano Chicken and Chianti Risotto
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 chicken, boned, skinned and diced
- 2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup of your favorite Chianti
- 3 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup of butter, warmed to room temperature (optional)
- 4 Tbsp grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
Heat the oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion and pepper until onion is translucent.
Add the chicken and the rice and sauté for another 3 to 5 minutes. Add the wine and cook, stirring frequently, until all the liquid has evaporated.
Reduce the heat to medium and, stirring constantly, add the broth one cup at a time. Wait until each cup of the broth is incorporated into the rice mixture before adding the next cup (about 4 to 5 minutes for each cup). When all of the broth is incorporated, the risotto mixture should have an even, creamy consistency.
Fold in remaining butter and cheese. Season with black pepper, and serve immediately.Makes 6 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page