Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano Shrimp Carbonara
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups diced pancetta bacon
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp (16/20 count), peeled and deveined and tail trimmed off
- 1 tsp fresh-cracked black peppercorns
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked penne pasta
- 2 cups freshly grated Romano cheese
Melt butter in skillet. Sauté pancetta and onion until onions are transparent. Add shrimp. Cook 3 to 4 minutes. Season with pepper.
In a bowl, lightly whisk whipping cream and eggs.
Reheat pasta in boiling water, drain and add to skillet. Add egg-and-cream mixture and Romano cheese. Turn down heat and toss ingredients until sauce slightly thickens.
Divide into 6 pasta bowls. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve immediately.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page