Marie Callender's Potato Cheese Soup
- 8 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 2 cups peeled and chopped onions
- 4 cups chopped celery
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 6 Tbsp butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley, garnish (optional)
Place potatoes, onions, celery and salt in water to cover in a large pot. Simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
Purée just until chunky in blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade. Return to soup pot; add half-and-half, butter and cheese.
Stirring, simmer until piping hot. (Do not boil) Garnish with parsley if desired. Good served with cornbread.Makes 8 to 10 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page