Marshall Field Frango Mint Cheesecake
- Melt 1 cup chopped Frango Mints (original flavor) in a double boiler.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat in 24 oz of softened cream cheese and 1 cup sugar.
- Add 2 eggs at low speed, then beat in the melted Frango Mints.
- Add 1/3 cup whipping cream and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Blend well.
- Spread evenly over the crust. Bake at 350° F for 35 minutes.
The center will be slightly shaky when you remove it from the oven. Place it on a wire rack, and the center will firm as it cools. At this point you may either freeze it or wait until it cools completely, then glaze it.
- Mix 1/4 tsp plain gelatin with 1 Tbsp ice cold water.
- Melt 4 chopped Frango Mints and let them cool slightly.
- Stir into the gelatin mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup sour cream and a speck of salt.
Spread over the cold Frango Mint Cheesecake.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page