Mason Jar Baked Potato Soup
- 3 large baking potatoes, baked
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 3/4 cup finely diced carrots
- 3/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/3 cup finely diced green onion
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 oz bacon, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp chicken-seasoned stock base
- 2 2/3 cups whipping cream
- 12 oz (3 cups) grated Swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 oz (3 TBSP) butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
Peel baked potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch chunks; set aside. In large bowl, mix celery, carrots, onion, green onion, peppers, salt and garlic; set aside.
Place bacon in a Dutch oven and cook over medium-high heat until brown.
Reduce heat to medium-low and add oil. When hot, add vegetable mixture; sauté until vegetables are well-done. Add potato chunks and cook until dark brown. Add water, chicken base and cream; stir constantly 5 minutes. Fold in cheese until thoroughly blended.
Heat butter in saucepan over low heat; whisk in flour; cook, stirring, until flour is lightly browned to make a roux. Add roux to soup and stir until thoroughly blended. Reduce heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.Makes Makes 2 quarts or 6 servings Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page