Max & Erma's Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 cans Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup
- 2 cans Campbell's Cream of Celery soup
- 2 cans Campbell's Cheddar Cheese soup
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Pace medium picante salsa
- 1 (4.5 oz.) can Ortega green chiles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red chile powder, more or less to your taste
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped cilantro
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 1 package flour tortillas
- 1/2 lbs longhorn style Colby cheese
In a large stockpot combine and whisk together until smooth all eight cans of soup. Add chicken broth. Add tomatoes, salsa, green chiles, onion, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper.
Bring all ingredients to a full boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour.
Add cilantro and chicken breast chunks. Simmer another hour.
While soup is simmering, make your soup toppings: Cut flour tortillas into small thin strips and deep fry in hot oil until lightly browned.
Shred cheese. Ladle soup into bowls, top with shredded cheese and fried tortilla strips.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page