Mr. B's Bistro Crawfish Risotto
- 6 cups chicken stock, or more as needed
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, small dice
- 1 lbs arborio rice
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 2 red bell peppers, small dice
- 2 green bell peppers, small dice
- 1 jalapeño chile, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 lbs fresh crawfish tails
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 pound butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat stock in pot to almost simmering
Meanwhile, heat oil in Dutch oven; sauté onion until transparent, 5 minutes. Stir in rice to coat.
Add simmering stock 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Wait for liquid to absorb before adding more.
After 10 minutes, add tomatoes, peppers, jalape?o and garlic. Continue adding stock until rice is almost tender to bite.
Add crawfish; cook 5 minutes. Rice should be tender not chalky. Remove from heat; stir in cheese, butter, salt and pepper.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page