Nature's Table Italian Wedding Soup
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic in 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp Spike All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1/4 lbs uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water
- Grated Romano cheese to taste
- 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 lbs ground pork or veal
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Heat oven to 350° F.
To make meatballs, combine ground meats, breadcrumbs, egg, salt and pepper to taste, parsley and 1 clove chopped garlic. Form into tiny meatballs. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes. Remove from sheet and set aside.
Microwave spinach according to package directions. When cool enough to handle, squeeze out all moisture and set aside.
Sauté diced onion, celery and carrot, 1 Tbsp chopped garlic in 1/4 cup olive oil, 5 minutes or until onion is transparent.
Add chicken broth, basil, Spike and let simmer 5 minutes.
Add orzo. Let cook 8 to 10 minutes. Add cornstarch mixture, stirring slowly until soup begins to thicken. Add spinach to soup, followed by meatballs. Top with grated Romano and serve.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page