Olive Garden Pasta Frittata
- 12 oz spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces and cooked al dente
- 3 oz green onions, sliced
- 3 oz thick-sliced bacon, cooked, chopped
- Vegetable spray or margarine
- 3 tablespoon shredded Fontina (heaping)
- Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 3/4 cups Frittata Batter (see below)
Frittata Batter Ingredients:
- 6 medium eggs
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 5 tsp cornstarch
- 1 dash nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350° F.
For Frittata Batter; beat eggs, half-and-half, cornstarch, salt and nutmeg thoroughly until all ingredients are completely blended.
Blend the 2-inch spaghetti pieces, green onion rings and bacon pieces in a bowl until evenly mixed. Coat a 1 1/2-quart round baking dish, including walls, with spray or margarine. Empty the spaghetti mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly. Add the Frittata Batter to cover the filling mix. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 25 minutes until center is set.
When center is set, cover the frittata evenly with the Fontina and bake until cheese is golden. Turn off the heat and open oven door. Let the frittata set in the open oven for 15 minutes for the batter to set more firmly and make removing from the dish easy.
Before serving, sprinkle with Parmesan and cut into 4 wedges.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page