Olive Garden Pasta with Broccoli
- 1 lbs fresh pasta shells or 1 lbs medium dry shells, cooked
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 ounce broccoli florets, steamed
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced thin
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Parmesan, grated
Béchamel Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 quart milk
- 2 tsp schicken bouillon cubes, mashed
Bechamel Sauce: Melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add milk and bouillon and stir vigorously with a wire whip until mixture barely comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, whipping frequently. Keep warm.
Drain broccoli and divide in half. Chop 1/2 of florets into 1/4-inch pieces. Reserve.
Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Add all the broccoli, garlic, green onions and mushrooms to the sauté pan. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until mushrooms begin to turn golden. Add the sautéed veggies and parsley to the warm sauce and stir well.
Serve over hot pasta with Parmesan.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page