Olive Garden Pepperoni Pasta Palermo
- 1 lbs rigatoni (large size)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 oz thinly sliced pepperoni, divided use
- 1/2 cup garlic cloves
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Herbed vinaigrette dressing (homemade or store bought)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Tbsp capers, rinsed
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, cut in strips
- 1/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- Parmesan cheese shavings, for garnish
Boil pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water, drain and refrigerate.
Roast peppers on grill or broil in oven. When skin is charred, wrap peppers in plastic wrap or paper sack until cool enough to handle. Remove charred skin with paring knife; seed and wash peppers. Cut peppers into julienne strips.
Cut half of the pepperoni slices into strips.
Coat garlic cloves with olive oil and roast in 450 degree F oven for 5-10 minutes. Cool.
In a large mixing bowl combine vinaigrette, chopped tomato, rigatoni, peppers, garlic cloves, strips of pepperoni, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, rosemary, salt and pepper.
Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
Place pasta salad in large serving bowl and add freshly cut basil and pistachio nuts and toss gently.
Garnish top with the other half of the sliced pepperoni, a sprig of fresh basil and shaved Parmesan cheese.
Serve immediately.Makes 6-8 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page