Olive Garden San Remo
- 1 1/2 lbs green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 8 oz yellow onion, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 lbs mushrooms, halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 32 oz canned tomatoes with juice, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 16 oz tomatoes in purée, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- Flour, for dredging
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into pieces
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1 lbs fresh spaghetti, cooked
Heat oil in Dutch over over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onions and mushrooms and saut?, stirring constantly for 15 to 20 minutes.
Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes. Stir in tomatoes, herbs, wine and bouillon. Lower heat and let simmer while preparing chicken.
Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet.
Dredge chicken in flour and sauté until golden. Do not crowd skillet; add more olive oil as necessary. As pieces are browned, add to tomato-pepper sauce. When all pieces have been added, cover and simmer 10 minutes to finish cooking chicken.
Serve sauce over pasta.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page