Panda Express Spicy Chicken
- 3/4 pound seasoned chicken, diced
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 8 pieces whole dry chile pepper
- 1/2 cup chayote squash, diced
- 1/2 tsp ginger, crushed
- 1/2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 3/4 Tbsp crushed red chile pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp Shao Hsing cooking wine
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp chicken broth
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 dash sesame oil
- Cornstarch mixture (1 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp water)
Heat a pot of boiling water to cook chayote. At the same time, heat 1/4 cup of oil in wok until hot. Add chicken and stir-fry until done.
Add onions and bell peppers and stir quickly until crisp. Remove and drain. Set aside.
Add chayote to boiling water for 60 seconds or until crisp and done. Remove and drain; set aside.
Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in wok until hot. Add whole dry chile peppers, garlic and ginger. Stir fry until fragrant. Add all remaining ingredients except cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil. Slowly stir in cornstarch mixture. Add chicken and vegetables. Coat evenly with sauce. Add roasted peanuts. Flavor with sesame oil if desired. Remove and serve on platter.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page