Panda Inn Hot Szechwan Tofu
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, crushed
- 1 Tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 Tbsp Shao Hsing cooking wine
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp chicken broth
- 16 ounces boxed soft tofu, cut into triangles
- 1/8 cup minced black mushrooms,
- 1/8 cup minced bamboo shoots
- Cornstarch slurry
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch, mixed with 2 Tbsp water
Heat oil in wok until hot. Add garlic, ginger, green onion and chili paste. Stir-fry until fragrant.
Add chicken broth, soy sauce, wine, bean curd, black mushrooms and bamboo shoots.
Reduce to medium heat and simmer for a few minutes until bean curd is cooked. Stir occasionally. Slowly stir in cornstarch mixture to thicken. Flavor with sesame oil if desired.
Remove and serve on platter.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page