P.F. Chang's China Bistro Temple Longbeans
- 4 cups (6 to 8 ounces) Chinese long beans, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 4 oz five-spice pressed tofu, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup finely julienned carrot
- 1 cup Chinese yellow chives, cut into 3-inch lengths
Temple Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 1/2 Tbsp cold water
- Several drops Japanese sesame oil (optional)
Separately blanch the long beans and carrots until tender-crisp in plain boiling water. Drain and rush under cold water to stop the cooking. Drain again.
Combine the Temple Sauce ingredients. Taste and adjust the soy sauce and sugar to your liking. Heat a wok or wide skillet over high heat until hot. Add the canola oil, swirl to glaze the pan. Then add the long beans, carrots and tofu. Stir-fry until hot, about 2 minutes.
Stir the sauce and add it to the pan. Bring it to a simmer, tossing to bathe the veggies. Stir the cornstarch mixture to recombine and add it to the pan. Stir until the sauce turns glossy, about 10 seconds. Shower in the chives, stir to blend, then turn off the heat. Add the sesame oil and toss to mix.
Serve with steamed rice.Makes 2 to 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page