Red Lobster Basil Shrimp Stuffed Zucchini
- 4 zucchini (2- to 3-inch diameter)
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1/2 lbs tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 lbs small shrimp, peeled, deveined (cut shrimp if they are larger than a quarter)
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Wash the zucchini and trim off the ends. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Be sure to leave some by the ends to create a boat-like shape.
Sauté onions in butter until clear, add tomatoes and simmer until soft.
In a mixing bowl combine tomato and onion mixture, shrimp, basil, salt and pepper and half of the bread crumbs. Fill the zucchini boats with the mixture. Place boats in a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining breadcrumbs and drizzle with butter. Bake for 15 minutes or until shrimp are pink and clear.Makes 8 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page