Red Lobster Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 (1 oz.) squares semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen raspberries thawed, puréed in blender
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, softly beaten
- Fresh mint sprigs, optional
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting, optional
Spray inside 6 individual soufflé dishes or custard cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In small heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate, stirring until smooth. Add butter and sugar; stir until melted.
Pour chocolate mixture into large bowl. In small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, and baking powder.
With electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat chocolate mixture; add eggs and flour mixture; beat about 6 minutes until thickened. Divide mixture evenly among prepared dishes; cover with plastic wrap. Freeze at least 2 hours or overnight.
Heat oven to 375° F.
Remove and discard plastic from frozen cakes. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until edges are set and center is moist. Cool cakes slightly before inverting onto serving platters.Makes 6 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page