Red Lobster Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 lbs fresh mushrooms, approximately 35-40
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 lbs crab claw meat
- 2 cups oyster crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 white Cheddar cheese slices
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Sauté celery, onion and pepper in butter for 2 minutes, transfer to a plate, and cool in the refrigerator.
While vegetables cool, wash mushrooms and remove stems. Set caps to the side and finely chop half of the stems. Discard the other half of the stems or use elsewhere.
Combine the saut?ed vegetables, chopped mushroom stems and all other ingredients (except cheese slices) and mix well.
Place mushroom caps in individual buttered casseroles or baking dishes (about 6 caps each). Spoon 1 tsp of stuffing into each mushroom. Cover with sliced cheese. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is lightly browned. Yields 6 servings.
Chef's Tip: You can use a pastry bag with a large tip to fill the mushrooms.
Beverage suggestions: Chenin Blanc, Fume Blanc.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page