Ruegger's Bagels Chicken Bagel Azteca
- 4 chicken breasts
- Dash of Tabasco
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 6 onion bagels, cut in half
- 3/4 cup commercially prepared jalape?o cream cheese
- 1 cup mild or medium strength salsa
- 1 (14 oz.) can green chiles, chopped or 1 whole fresh mild chili, ribbed, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 lbs queso blanco cheese (in Mexican grocery stores or at supermarkets in the West) or mozzarella, grated
Squirt and rub each chicken breast with a dash of Tabasco (to sharpen flavor).
Mix the onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, pepper, salt and paprika together and rub on the chicken breasts. Spray a nonstick sauté pan with cooking oil and sauté chicken until done (10 to 13 minutes) over medium high heat.
While the chicken is cooking, spread each bagel half with about one Tbsp of the cream cheese and top with salsa and green chiles.
Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and chop into half-inch cubes; divide equally atop the bagels. Top the chicken with the grated cheese. Broil for about five minutes, until the cheese is melted.Makes 6 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page