Ruth's Chris Steak House Barbecue Shrimp Orleans
Barbecue Butter Ingredients:
- 1 lbs butter
- Scant 2 tsp black pepper
- Scant 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp whole dried rosemary leaves (measured, then finely chopped)
- 8 oz (1/4 cup) garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp water
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lbs (16-20 count), cleaned, peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Sourdough bread, for serving
For Barbecue Butter: Soften butter at room temperature to 70-80° F. Place butter in mixing bowl; add pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, rosemary, garlic, Worcestershire, Tabasco, and water. Whip on high speed 3 minutes or until thoroughly blended. Refrigerate to 40° F.
For Shrimp: Pour olive oil in a hot sauté pan. Add shrimp to the sauté pan and cook on one side for 1 to 2 minutes. (Don't crowd; if necessary, use 2 pans. A 12-inch pan will accommodate 1 pound of shrimp.) Reduce heat to medium, turn shrimp, and add the chopped green onion. Cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
Add white wine and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup. Stir in 1 cup cold Barbecue Butter (reserve the remainder for another use), reduce heat to low and cook and stir frequently until shrimp are just done (white throughout, moist and tender), approximately 1 1/2 minutes. Take care not to overcook the shrimp.
Serve immediately in a bowl preheated to 160° F.Makes 2 1/2 cups Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page