Shoney's Hot Fudge Sunday Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp plus 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups very hot water
Mix flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons. cocoa, baking powder, and salt in 9-inch square pan. Mix in milk, oil and vanilla extract with fork until smooth. Stir in nuts. Spread batter in pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa. Pour very hot water over batter.
Bake in preheated 350° F oven for 40 minutes.
Spoon warm cake into dessert dishes. Top with ice cream. Spoon sauce from pan onto each square.
VARIATIONS Butterscotch Sunday Cake Ingredients:
- Substitute 1 package ( 6 ounce.) butterscotch chips for the nuts. Decrease brown sugar to 1/2 cup and the 1/4 cup cocoa to 2 tablespoons.
VARIATIONS Mallow Sunday Cake Ingredients:
- Substitute 1 cup miniature marshmallows for the nuts.
VARIATIONS Peanut Sunday Cake Ingredients:
- Substitute 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup chopped peanuts for the nuts.
VARIATIONS Raisin Sunday Cake Ingredients:
- Substitute 1 cup raisins for the nuts.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page