Shoney's Original Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cheese Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 slices Kraft Cheddar Singles
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets (bite-size)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (bite-size)
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese or Velveeta
- 2 tsp minced fresh parsley
Combine chicken broth, water, half-and-half, cheese, flour, onion and pepper in a large saucepan. Whisk to combine and to break up any lumps of flour, then turn heat to medium/high. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
Add broccoli and cauliflower to soup and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is tender but not soft.
For each serving spoon one cup of soup into a bowl and garnish with a tablespoon of shredded cheese and a pinch of parsley. Makes 6 servings.
TIP: A dash of Shoney's seasoned salt on top really "makes" this extra terrific!/p>
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page