Trey Yuen Pot Stickers
Pot Sticker Filling Ingredients:
- 2 cups ground turkey (or 1 cup ground turkey and 1 cup small bay shrimp)
- 2 cups finely chopped bok choy (blanch whole stalk - white and green parts finely chop, then squeeze out excess water in cheesecloth)
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced white part of green onion (save green part)
- 1 Tbsp sesame seed oil
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 Tbsp salt
Pot Sticker Wrappers Ingredients:
- 1 package pot sticker wrappers or Gyoea skins
- 1 whipped egg yolk
Pot Sticker Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar, white or balsamic
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed chile pepper with oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green part)
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
Mix all the filling ingredients in a bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
To stuff pot stickers, place one scant tsp of stuffing mix into the center of the wrapper. Brush the egg yolk around the outer edge. Then fold in half and tuck.
This is a foolproof way to cook pot stickers. Place the desired number of pot stickers on a plate and steam them for 8-10 minutes.
When they're done, place the flat sides In a Teflon-coated skillet with a little poly-unsaturated oil. Cook over medium-high heat until crispy golden brown and serve with the soy-vinegar sauce for dipping.
Chef's Notes: To deep fry, cook submerged at 325° F until crispy.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page