Wendy's Chicken Caesar Fresh Stuffed Pita
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp grated Romano cheese
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp egg substitute
- 1/8 tsp dry, unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp finely minced red bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- dash parsley, oregano, thyme, basil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup carrot, shredded
- 4 pita breads
- 4 tsp shredded, fresh Parmesan cheese
Make the dressing by first dissolving the gelatin in the water. Heat the mixture in the microwave on high for two minutes or until it begins to boil rapidly. Add the vinegar, then whisk while adding the oil. Add bell pepper, salt, garlic powder, Worcestershire, black pepper, parsley, oregano, thyme and basil. Let dressing cool for about 15 minutes before adding cheeses and egg substitute. Whisk until slightly thicker,then chill. Overnight refrigeration makes the dressing thicker.
Preheat a barbecue or indoor grill to medium heat. Salt and pepper the chicken, then grill it for 5 minutes per side, or until done. Remove chicken from the grill and dice it.
While chicken cooks, prepare the salad by combining the romaine lettuce, red cabbage and shredded carrot in a large bowl and toss.
Prepare the sandwiches by first microwaving each pita for 20 seconds.
Fold each pita in half like a taco, then add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the romaine salad into the bread.
Add about 1/3 cup of diced chicken on top of the salad in the pita. Pour about a Tbsp of dressing over each sandwich. Sprinkle about a teaspoon of shredded fresh Parmesan on top of each one and serve.Makes 6 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page