Wendy's Garden Ranch Chicken Pita
- 2 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups sliced Roman lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced red cabbage
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 4 pita breads
- 4 tsp finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/8 tsp dry unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red sweet pepper, membranes removed and seeded
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp coarsly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch each parsley flakes, oregano, thyme, basil
- 1 Tbsp finely grated fresh Romano cheese
- 1 Tbsp finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp egg substitute
For the salad dressing, mix together gelatin and cold water. Microwave on 'HIGH' for approximately 2 minutes, until just hard boiling.
Mix in vinegar then whip in oil. Mix in finely chopped red sweet pepper, salt, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, grossly ground black pepper, parsley flakes, oregano, thyme and basil.
Refrigerate for approximately 15 minutes before mixing in grated fresh Romano cheese, grated fresh Parmesan cheese and egg substitute, until thick. Refrigerate overnight to thicken mixture even more.
Preheat kitchen barbecue to medium heat. Salt and pepper chicken whites. Grill chicken whites for 5 minutes on each side, until no longer pink inside.
Meanwhile, well mix together Roman lettuce slaices, red cabbage slices and grated carrot into a large bowl.
Remove done chicken whites from grill; dice chicken whites.
Heat each pita bread into microwave oven for 20 seconds. Fill the middle of each pita bread lenghtwise, as a taco, with 1 1/2 cups of lettuce mixture.
Top lettuce mixture with approximately 1/3 cup chicken dices. Pour 1 Tbsp salad dressing on top chicken dices. Evenly sprinkle with finely grated Fresh Parmesan cheese. Roll, and serve.Makes 4 to 6 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page