- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- In a large glass baking dish, combine vermouth, soy sauce, oil, bay leaves, garlic, onion, ginger and pepper; mix lightly. Add brisket; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate, turning meat occasionally, until next day.
- Leave meat in marinade and bake, covered, in a 350° F oven until tender when pierced, about 3 hours. Transfer meat to a serving dish. Skim and discard fat from pan juices; discard bay leaves.
- To serve brisket hot, stir cornstarch mixture into pan juices. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened; offer sauce to spoon over individual servings.
- To serve brisket cold, omit cornstarch mixture. Return meat to pan juices and let cool; then cover and refrigerate until cold or for up to 2 days. Lift our meat and cut across the grain into thin slices.
Servings: 8 to 10
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like