- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Trim excess fat from brisket; sprinkle meat with pepper and salt. Place flour in a large oven-cooking bag and shake. Add brisket. Set the bag in a large roasting pan.
- Add carrots, celery, onions, tomatoes, Marsala, Italian seasoning, and bay leaves to bag with brisket. Seal bag. Cut slits in top of bag.
- Roast for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until tender. Remove bay leaves. Slice meat across the grain into 1/4-inch thick slices. Skim fat from pan juices. Serve skimmed juices with meat.
- Makes 12 main-dish servings.
- To make ahead: Cool meat in bag; cover and chill overnight. To reheat, remove meat from bag; thinly slice. Place slices in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Skim fat from juices; pour over meat. Cover; heat in a 300° F oven for 50 minutes or until just heated through.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like